A ruby is a pink to blood-red colored gemstone. The red color is caused mainly by the presence of the element chromium. Its name comes from ruber, Latin for red. Ruby is considered one of the four precious stones, together with sapphire, emerald and diamond .
• Ruby gemstone is associated with love, passion and zodiac Leo.
• Color is the most important feature of ruby gemstone that signifies love, strong feelings, life of mankind and warmth.
• According to numerology ruby gemstone is associated with number 1.
• Ruby is a very hard and a durable stone so it is not that difficult to care for this gemstone.
• Gives name, fame, vigour , virtue, warmth and the capacity to command.
• Raise the individual above the status in which he was born.
• Historically it has been symbolic of Love and Passion.